Visitor with official dealings with FRIM or any bodies under its auspices.
Visitor with no official dealings with FRIM wanting to use the facilities or carry out various allowable activities. Entrance by booking or payment of admission fee. However, any gathering of visitors or any group activity involving more than 10 people requires prior request/booking (at least three working days before the date of the activity) and approval; as well as registration with the FRIM Visitor Information Centre (VIC) before the gathering/activity can be carried out.
- Jalan Foxworthy
- Jalan Jelutong
- Jalan Kapur
- Taman Botani Kepong
- Jalan Kg. Jawa
- All areas except at FRIM buildings or offices and quarters.
c) Family Day / Wedding Ceremony
- Field area
- Waterfall area near Sg. Kroh
- Kepong Botanic Garden
- Terengganu house compound
- Perah Campsite
e) Shooting of film/Advertising/Photography
- Permission based on approved location only.
- Picnic area near Sg. Kroh
- Open space or other recreational areas, not only work days.
FRIM Campus is open from 5.30 am to 7.30 pm. Recreational activities can only be carried out by visitors from 5.30am to 7.30am and from 8.30 am to 7.30 pm on weekdays. Last entry is at 6.30pm. Visitors are only allowed to park at designated areas and not at FRIM staff parking spaces. Any recreational facility in FRIM may be closed at the discretion of the management without any notice.
Please observe due caution while conducting any recreational activities in FRIM. Visitors are solely responsible for their own personal safety and safety of their belongings. FRIM is not liable for any damage, loss, or accident that may occur.
Permits & Passes
Use of the campus facility must be with the permission of the Director General of FRIM. Permits are issued to facilitate entry into FRIM campus. FRIM has the right to prohibit any visitor from entering FRIM Campus and/or revoke the annual Permit / Pass if the visitor contravenes the terms of the General Rules and code of conduct of various activities.
Visitors are prohibited from:
- Fishing, hunting and disturbing any animals.
- Collecting trees, plants, flowers, fruits and animals.
- Not wearing any clothes or indecently dressed in public places.
- Doing any illegal activities including using illegal drugs, fighting, gambling and any other vices.
- Causing any harm to or disturbing the peace or comfort of another person.
- Parking at prohibited areas.
- Entering any restricted areas and buildings.
- Conducting open burning.
- Driving or riding a vehicle on nature trails
- Driving or riding recklessly.
- Vandalising FRIM’s property or natural resources.
- Jogging/cycling in restricted areas.
- Bringing in pets.
- Releasing any unwanted pets or animals.
- Opening new trails (stay on cleared path only).
- Making noise and playing loud music on nature trails.
- Consuming intoxicating drinks.
- Performing any occult or magical practice, rituals and/or ceremonies.
- Flying drone.
- Campers need to provide a name list with IC number, address, phone number, as well as a contact number of next-of-kin, in case of emergency.
- Booking of the campsite is confirmed once payment has been made. FRIM will not refund/reimburse payment should the duration of the programme at the campsite is shortened by tenants.
- Campers are to be respectful and considerate towards other users at all time.
- Only halal food is permitted.
- The leader of the camping group shall be responsible for all conducts of his/her group members.
- School groups, must have obtained consent from the school authority and need to be accompanied by at least one teacher throughout the excursion.
- Campers’ safety and belongings shall be solely their own responsibility.
- Campers are advised to conduct safety patrols for their group as a security precaution.
- It is compulsory to conduct a clean-up session at the end of every programme to ensure that the campsite area and its facilities are clean and in good condition. All rubbish in bins must be transferred into the main rubbish collection centre.
- Campers are strictly prohibited from:
- Lighting fire (matches/candles/mosquito coils) in the tents.
- Vandalising trees and/or any physical infrastructures at the campsite.
- Conducting activities that are against the law such as gambling, consuming liquor, the use of drugs,
- Behaving indecently, fighting, using any weapons, and conducting/performing any other unsuitable activities.
- Conducting activities beyond the campsite area without any permission by the authority.
- Cooking in or adjacent to the tents.
- Wasting electricity and water.
- Bringing in vehicles into the campsite compound.
Should any of the rules and regulations be breached, campers will be instructed to leave the campsite without any refund.
FRIM encourages bird watching on campus. However, the codes of conduct observed from various ornithological groups need to be fully adhered to such as:
- Welfare of birds must come first. Whether your particular interest is photography, sound recording, scientific study or just bird watching, remember that the welfare of the bird must always come first.
- Habitat protection. Its habitat is vital to a bird and therefore we must ensure that bird watching activities do not cause damage.
- Keep disturbance to a minimum. Birds’ tolerance of disturbance varies between species and seasons. Therefore, keep all disturbances to a minimum.
- Rare breeding birds. If you discover a rare bird breeding and feel that protection is necessary, inform FRIM’s officer at the Visitor Information Centre .
- Rare migrants. Rare migrants or vagrants must not be harassed. If you discover one, consider the circumstances carefully before telling anyone.
- Respect the rights of other people. Have proper consideration for other birdwatchers. Try not to disrupt their activities or scare the birds they are watching. If it seems that what they are doing is causing unnecessary disturbance to birds, report the activity to FRIM’s officers.
- Keeping records. Much of today’s knowledge about birds is the result of meticulous record keeping by our predecessors. Make sure you help to add to tomorrow’s knowledge by sending records to FRIM personally or via email.
Please refer to the FRIM general rules and regulations when conducting bird watching in FRIM. In addition, specific prohibitions for bird watching in FRIM are as follows:
- Bird watchers who come in groups of four or more need to register at the Visitor Information Centre and declare their intended activity.
- Bird watchers are not to enter any forested site without FRIM’s guide or special permission.
- Playback of pre-recorded bird calls are not allowed except with special permission.
- FRIM has the right to stop any bird watching activities if inappropriate conduct is observed.
FRIM also subscribes to the Code of Birding Ethics (Birding Etiquette) set by the Malaysian Nature Society (MNS)-Bird Conservation Council in December 2006.
Operating hours are subject to weather conditions. Visitors are advised not to conduct any recreational activities when it rains.
All visitors are advised to check the Air Pollution Index (API) (http://apims.doe.gov.my/apims/) before coming to FRIM. We strongly advise the public against jogging or undertaking any strenuous outdoor activity when the API is above 100.
For more information, please contact:
FRIM Visitor Information Centre
Tel : 03-62797592 / 7649
Fax : 03-62804619
E-mail : frim_enquiry[at]frim.gov.my