Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) library, one of the oldest libraries in Malaysia was established to support the research and development activities of FRIM since its inception.
The library which initially contained general science titles further expanded when it took over the Applied & Technical Botany collection from the Federated Malay States Museum. The first library cataloging was done by F.S. Walker in 1933 whereby it was discovered that the library contained 3000 books and subscribed to 40 journal titles. The Oxford System Decimal Classification (ODC) was used to classify books on forestry during the year 1949. At present, the library continues to expand in line with advancements in FRIM’s research field and its collection has now exceeded 12000 titles and more than 2000 titles of serial publications to date.
Monday – Thursday : 8.30 a.m. – 1.00 p.m. | 2.00 p.m. – 4.45 p.m.
Friday : 8.30 a.m. – 12.15 p.m. | 2.45 p.m. – 4.45 p.m.
To provide an efficient information service on forestry and woodbased industries in support of and to upgrade scientific and technical research.
Directory of Librarian
Name: Pn Norain Mohd Arif
Designation: Head of Library
Telephone: 03-6279 7532
- Antalya Declaration
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- European Environmental Agency (EEA)
- European Forest Institute (EFI)
- FAO Forestry Homepage
- FAO Forestry Homepage(APFSOS)
- Forestry Related Agencies
- International Institute for Aerospace Survey and Earth Sciences (ITC)
- Joint Research Centre (JRC)
- Malaysian Libraries Catalogue
- Oxford Forest Institute (OFI)
- People and Plants Online
- SyMBiosIS Portal
- Maklumat Umum Perpustakaan FRIM
- Perkhidmatan Pinjaman Bahan Perpustakaan
- E-CAS ( Eletronic-Current Awareness Service)
- Lain-lain Perkhidmatan Pinjaman Bahan Perpustakaan
- Koleksi Hasil Penulisan Pegawai FRIM
- Pencarian Bahan Melalui Katalog Dalam Talian Capaian Awam (OPAC)
- Sumber Eletronik Perpustakaan FRIM