22 July 2022 (Friday) – Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) has successfully organised the Occupational Safety and Health Week (MKKP) on 19-21 July to raise awareness among the staff about safety and health aspects while carrying out daily tasks.
The programme held in conjunction with World Occupational Safety and Health Day, celebrated yearly on 28 April, was officiated by Director General (DG) Dr Ismail Parlan on 19 July. Also present, Deputy DG (Research) Dr Norwati Mohamad and MKKP Vice Chairman Dr Zamree Md Shah. Ismail also presented prizes to the winners of the Occupational Safety and Health Montage Competition.
Various activities such as talks on safety and health, blood donation campaign and exhibitions were conducted throughout the programme. The talks delivered during the programme were:
- The Importance of Occupational Safety and Health Management in Organisations by Prof. Ts. Dr Kadir Arifin, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Centre for Risk Management, Occupational Safety & Health Director;
- Chemical Handling/ Chemical Spill Emergency Response/ Chemical Waste – Shaharuddin Hashim, FRIM;
- Digital Lifestyle – Maizura Ishak, FRIM;
- Road Safety and Safe Driving – Syed Tajul Malik Syed Tajul Arif, Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research (MIROS);
- Fire and Emergency in Buildings – Alias Dollah, Fire and Rescue Department of Malaysia (JBPM);
- Biosafety and FRIM’s Biosafety Institutional Committee (IBC) – Dr Norlia Basherudin;
- HFMD (Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease) – Dr Ahmad Ihsan Abu Bakar (Pusrawi Hospital);
- Work Safety in the Field – Mohammad Shahfiz Azman, FRIM; and
- Flood Disaster Management and Tips – Kol. (PA) Ts. Dr Mohamad Fazli Sardi, Malaysia Civil Defense Force (APM).
The other activities held during MKKP were:
- Introduction Course to Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) – Martina Jasoffa Koeng, Kesuma Kemuning Sdn Bhd
- Basic Health Screening and Counseling Services by Pusrawi Hospital; and
- Exhibition by:
- National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- FRIM’s IBC
- FRIM’s Public Service Counselling Associates (AKRAB)
FRIM’s Occupational Safety and Health Committee (JKKP)
|MKKP participants and organisers posing for a group pix with the FRIM DG (front row, white shirt).||Presenters speaking during the MKKP.|
|Ismail (far right) visiting JKKP’s exhibition booth.||APM giving safety briefing to kids from Tabika Kemas FRIM.|