5 August 2020 (Wednesday) – Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) will open a counter at the Kepong Botanical Gardens (KBG) to process the refund of recreational passes and/or vehicle stickers starting 21 August to 20 September for pass holders who are dissatisfied with the closure of the FRIM main campus until this year end.
Since 1 July, FRIM has reopened KBG and Taman Warisan while the FRIM main campus remains closed until the year-end. Given that some joggers only want to use the main campus and not KBG nor Taman Warisan, FRIM has agreed to allow them to return the card/sticker and get a refund.
|FRIM recreational pass/vehicle sticker refund poster.|
The procedure for the refund is as follows:
- Fill in and submit the Refund Application Form online at tinyurl.com/frimrefund2020 or fill out the form at the counter.
- One (1) photocopy of identity card
- Original identity card for verification
- Original recreational pass and/or vehicle sticker
- Come to the counter at KBG for a refund (in cash)
- If represented by other, please print, fill in and sign the Representative Letter which can be downloaded from tinyurl.com/suratwakilFRIM to be brought along with other relevant documents by the representative.
The counter will be open at the KBG entrance on Friday (9.00am – 12.00pm; 2.30pm – 4.00pm) and Saturday/Sunday (9.00 am – 2.00 pm).
Other conditions include:
- Deduction of RM 10 for processing fee will be charged for each pass/vehicle sticker.
- Applications submitted after this period will not be entertained.
For any inquiries, please contact 03-6279 7560 (Nazima) or 03-6279 7562 (Hasnidarul).