11 June 2020 (Thursday) – Kepong Botanic Gardens (KBG) under Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) will reopen to the public starting 1 July 2020 with operating hours limited to 7.00-11.00 am and 4.00-6.00 pm daily while Taman Warisan FRIM will be open from 7.00am-6.00pm.
The FRIM main campus in Kepong will remain closed until the end of the year although some guided ecotourism activities will be allowed starting 1 July 2020.
|Taman Warisan FRIM will be opened from 7.00am-6.00pm daily starting 1 July.||A maximum of 150 joggers is allowed at KBG at any one time.|
All visitors are required to comply with the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) imposed by the government, such as check-in with MySejahtera application and with body temperature not exceeding 37.5ºC. Senior citizens over the age of 60 with chronic illness or showing symptoms such as colds, fever and cough are not allowed to enter while children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Visitors to KBG and Taman Warisan FRIM must abide by the following rules:
- Number of joggers at any one time: KBG (maximum 150 people); Taman Warisan (unlimited);
- Duration: KBG (maximum one hour per jogger); Taman Warisan (unlimited);
- Areas allowed: Only on paved roads; and
- Do not engage in any group activity such as taichi, zumba or use the rest huts and parcourse facilities.
More detailed guidelines based on the SOP issued by the government will be announced later.
For recreational pass holders who are dissatisfied with the closure of the FRIM main campus, they will be given an opportunity to return the pass and get a refund. Other details will be announced later.
Other activities allowed at the FRIM main campus and the requirements are as follows:
- Guided nature trekking: Maximum of 10 participants per group via advance booking (three days before the date of visit) with the FRIM Visitor Information Centre (VIC) [contact firstname.lastname@example.org/ 03-6279 7592/7596/7649]; and
- Rental of Garcinia/Morinda Room for courses and Licuala Meeting Room: Limited to 15 people at any one time [contact email@example.com/ 03-6279 7487].
Wedding photography, commercial photography/filming and bike rental services are prohibited until the end of the year. In fact, guest houses, Kem Perah, Sungai Kroh Picnic Area, waterfall as well as sports facilities (badminton/futsal/squash/football field and the FRIM Club) are also closed till year-end.
“This decision is made by the FRIM management who always prioritises the health and safety of FRIM’s visitors, residents and employees,” said FRIM Director General Datuk Dr Abd Latif Mohmod.
Please follow FRIM official Facebook page for further updates/announcements. For any query or assistance, email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com.